牛斯狗 英语译站
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

接龙中:Stick Men

向下

接龙中:Stick Men Empty 接龙中:Stick Men

帖子  小甘 周日 四月 21, 2013 7:02 pm

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
1. For those with a disability, there are times when communication can be difficult. These stick-men cards were created by Hannah Ensor to overcome that issue and are designed to be carried on a key ring.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
2. "They are designed to communicate friendly reassurance to those who might otherwise panic or do the wrong things." says Ensor.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
3. Ensor has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and sometimes has to get across the message that she might have a disability or two.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
4. "They were originally designed by a friend and I as a way to stop 'helpful' people trying to pick us up when we fall over," she says.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
5. "I'm bendy and my joints dislocate a lot and if some tries to pull me up from the floor, they are likely to remove my arms."

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
6. The cards offer a way of communicating something important in a quick way but with humor.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
7. Ensor notes that asking someone to stop helping you may not have the desired effect as in their head they are doing the right thing, but for some people the obvious solution may not be the correct one.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
8. Ensor started to draw stick-men while in hospital and unable to speak. "I started to draw them to show I was still me and still had my sense of humor and it has grown from there." she says. She has also published books for children, which feature stick-man characters.

[要查看本图请先注册登录]
9. She notes that they are not disability-specific, and indeed everyone has many of these moments.

小甘

帖子数 : 20
注册日期 : 12-06-05

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题